You might not be informed, but almost every functionality of your device uses utility software tools, be it backing up your details, antivirus software, information security, or file control system.
Utility software tools help achieve, maintain and manage a computer and support its foundation. What you did the last time your PC went slow? You must have utilized the help of tools like Cleaner to continue its normal function. This is nothing else but a utility software tool!
What is Utility Software Tool?
System utility software tool assists configure, analyze, and optimize computer resources to support users perform multiple tasks efficiently.
The best Utility Software tool provides critical functionality such as data compression, data recovery, disk defragmentation, processor resources and files control, system analysis, and more.
Most of the working systems have input built-in utility tools, but additional software like antivirus tools, disk tools, and data backup tools further guarantee improved functionality. Utility software tool centers on computer components such as hardware, software, running system, and storage parts.back to menu ↑
What are the Types of Utility Software Tool?
Currently, there are several types of utility software tool solutions for fastening your PC from all these problems. They are:
- System Utilities
The system utility software tool includes memory testers, network benefits, registry cleaners, and antivirus.
- File Management Utilities
Archivers, backup software, information compression utilities, and file managers come in file management utilities.
- Storage Material Management Utilities
All the disk-related software benefits come into this type of utility. They can be record checkers, disk distribution editors, disk formatters, disk reservation analyzers, etc.
- Miscellaneous Utilities
All the left utility software can be involved in this type, for example, data dynamos, hex editors, HTML validators, and merge records. Sometimes it can be one of the best means to track your email.
- Backup Utilities
Backup utility tool software helps prepare a copy of databases, data, and reports. Backup utilities collect information so that data can be retrieved in case of damage or theft. This type of utility software tool also assists in enhancing the appearance of the system.
Antivirus or anti-malware is a warning detection tool designed for killing all types of viruses, malware, and additional cyber threats from your devices. Antivirus software is essential for protecting the data and maintaining system protection.
- Backup Software
Backup software generates a backup of files by making extra copies of databases and reports. The software offers both incremental and differential backups as well as data compression for guarding the files.
- Data Synchronization Tools
These tools help synchronize the data within two and more different devices. Data synchronization tools are needed for obtaining the data from portable devices and the cloud.
- File Management System
The file management system is used for managing digital data by building the files inside a project and implementing a searchable database for effortless retrieval. Also termed file managers, these are necessary for addressing the files for managing business workflows.
- Disk Management Tools
Disk management tools are used for running windows supported disk-based hardware. You can utilize these tools for controlling flash drives, optical disk drives, including hard disk drives.
- Disk Clean-Up Tool
Disk clean-ups maintain the disk space inside a system’s hard drive. It eliminates unwanted files from a system.
The debugger is a utility software tool for detecting and repairing errors in various computer programs. Debugging tools utilize instruction set simulators for testing a program’s performance.
- Screen Savers
Screen savers fill the space on a computer screen with patterns, moving images, and wallpapers. These can be customized too as per a user’s condition.
- Clipboard Managers
Clipboard handlers are used for optimizing the document copying method from a computing operation. The utility software tool supports data syncing, configurable hotkeys along with taking screenshots and clipboard records.
- Disk Space Analyzers
This utility tool visualizes the disk space by assessing the size of each file in a drive or a folder. The system utility tool handles disk formatting and disk partitioning too.
- Network Utilities
Network utilities assist in configuring a device’s interface by checking data transfers, logging the events, and configuring system settings.
- System Monitors
System monitors are assumed to track system resources through widget turbines. Monitoring software also traces and observes a network’s services, utilization, and user activities.
- System Profilers
System profilers give detailed information about the hardware connected and software placed on a system. In Windows, the platform is ready as property under the My Computer section.
- Cryptographic Utilities
These utilities are essential in file decryption and encryption. The utility software tool moreover helps transform ordinary language into codes also vice versa.
- Registry Cleaners
Registry cleaners further eliminate old and external of-use registry keys. It additionally fixes damaged and invalid entries.
Additional popular utility software tools for Windows & Mac are archivers, disk space analyzers, file managers, system profilers, memory testers, and more.
List of 8 Best Utility Software Tools
There are many software tools available that can increase the performance of your PC. Let’s check the utility software tools examples. The list of 8 best utility software is given below:
As a machine gets older, it accumulates unused files and settings, which use up hard drive space, making it run slower. CCleaner is one of the Best Utility Software Tools which picks up these files and addresses them faster immediately.
It is a freeware system optimization and purification tool. It also wipes traces of your online actions, such as your Internet records. Additionally, it includes a fully highlighted registry cleaner.
Features of CCleaner
- CCleaner makes the computer faster by cleaning up unnecessary files.
- This free pc cleaning software erases your browser search history and cookies. So the internet browsing activities that you do stays confidential, and your identity remains anonymous.
- CCleaner’s registry cleaner clears out this clutter to make your PC more stable.
- There is a professional version available, which would give you features like automatic cleaning, automatic privacy protection, and automatic updates.
Pricing of CCleaner
CCleaner has 4 product plans: CCleaner Free, CCleaner Professional is for $24.95 (1 year for 1 PC), CCleaner Professional Plus $39.95 (1 year for 3 PC), and CCleaner Professional Plus $69.95 (2 years for 3 PC).
How to use CCleaner?
Pros and Cons
- The installation process is very quick.
- It allows you to select the scanning range according to your requirements.
- There is bundled software during the installation. You need to manually disable its installation if you don’t need it or uninstall it after the installation.
Magical KeyFinder is one of the best Utility Software Tools that retrieves the product key (cd key) used to fix windows from the registry. A community-updated configuration file is also maintained that retrieves the product keys for various other applications.
This windows utility software tool scans your computer for approved applications and creates a list of them. You can click on the applications, and the tool would show you the required key.
Features of KeyFinder
- KeyFinder can retrieve product keys from unbootable Windows installations.
- This best windows utility software works in 64-bit systems.
- You can use this software to recover product keys for windows 7/ 8 and Office 2010
- The Load Hive option allows you to load the registry hive of another Windows installation.
- Save and print options are also available in text or CSV.
Pricing of KeyFinder
Pricing of KeyFinder Utility Software tool is $29, but one can start with a free trial of the software.
How to use KeyFinder?
Pros and Cons
- Doesn’t need installation
- Comes with a simple interface
- Lacks configuration options
Everything is one of the best search Utility Software Tools that instantly locates files and folders by filename on the Windows operating system. The interface of utility software is based on a standard explorer window, and users across all domains can learn about this utility software quite quickly.
Features of Everything Utility Software:
- Everything can index folders and files in seconds. This best utility software, windows 10, takes only one second to index a whole disk after installing Windows 10.
- It can save the indexed records into database files. Every time your file gets modified, the software will update the database in real-time.
- You can locate your folders and files in real-time. You have to type the name of the file or folder in the search field.
- Everything can also perform an advanced search by searching
Pricing of Everything
It’s a free utility software tool.
How to use Everything Utility Software?
Pros and Cons
- Fast indexing and searching
- Supports ReFS file system
- No security measures to enter the HTTP server
- Lacks full-text search
Iolo System Mechanic
This Iolo System Mechanic is one of the best Utility Software Tools fixes flaws and errors in your PC. In this way, it helps to restore your PC to its maximum speed and security.
It provides a quicker start-up and a faster downloading speed to your system. System Mechanic can also change the CPU speed and provide enhanced graphics for the more prosperous user activity.
Features of IoIo System Mechanic
- Lolo increases the speed of your computer based on your CPU, RAM, and hard drive resource availability.
- It can repair over 30,000 different problems using intelligent live updates to keep your PC stable and error-free.
- This utility software removes unwanted bloatware, which slows down your PC by launching and running without your knowledge.
- It safely removes sensitive browsing history and blocks dangerous systems, protecting and securing your system from unwanted threats.
Pricing of IoIo System Mechanic
The basic System Mechanic plan is $39.96 per year. The System Mechanic Pro plan is $55.96 per year.
Pros and Cons
- Enhanced PC Performance
- Detailed and Comprehensive Explanation of PC Problems
- Too many features can confuse some users
IObit Advanced SystemCare
It is a one-click answer to clean your PC, optimize it and check it from outside threats. IObit Advanced SystemCare acts as a computer detergent that gives a faster PC acknowledgment giving you a safer and more durable system.
This one of the best windows Utility Software Tools can protect your data, giving a sense of safety by using this utility tool.
Features of IObit Advanced SystemCare
- IObit Advanced SystemCare acts as a computer cleaner as your computer may accumulate large quantities of useless files in the disk space with time.
- Helps in faster PC response by managing start-up items.
- It optimizes browser settings to speed up your internet connection and enhances RAM and CPU usage to shorten Windows response time.
- IObit provides a safer and more stable system by removing spyware and other harmful malware from your PC.
- Advanced SystemCare protects your data from leaking out online. This utility software helps protect sensitive data like contacts and email data by blocking intrusive external forces.
Pricing of IObit Advanced SystemCare
1 PC Plan – $16
3 PC Plan – $19
Pros and Cons
- Easy Navigation and Interface
- Multi-functional tool
- Over-optimization slows the PC
- Need some extra tool
The Partition Wizard is one of the best system Utility Software Tools is used to organize disk partitions to use your disk at the optimum level. It can analyze your disk usage and help manage its usage. It works by checking the file system, aligning SSD partition, and migrating OS to SSD.
Features of Partition Wizard Utility Tool
- Partition wizard can show the speed performance of a disk with graphical figures.
- You can check and see which file takes up too much disk space when the system is slowing down.
- This windows utility software can move non-adjacent partitions to merge. It can shrink large cells to obtain free space and extend the C drive to remove low disk space warnings.
Pricing of Partition Wizard Utility Tool
Partition Wizard pricing starts at $59.00 as a flat rate, per month. Partition Wizard offers a free trial.
Pros and Cons
- Supports common partitioning functions.
- Can extend the system partition without rebooting
- Doesn’t support managing dynamic disks
- Shows features that only work in the upgraded version
It is a monitoring one of the best Utility Software Tools that monitor the system of an employee. Various enterprises, large or small, can use it. iMonitor EAM lets organizations record employee’s computer activities, including keystrokes, clipboard activities, screenshots, emails, and file documents.
Features of iMonitor EAM
- Every action can be recorded with the help of iMonitor EAM. This will give the employer detailed insights into how the employee is performing.
- You can operate on your employee’s file remotely by using the live-view mode.
- This mac utility software tool can create detailed reports of every action online or locally. You can get these reports in the design of charts which would help you examine your employee’s productivity.
- You can block or give access to a particular website or tool to any individual according to your needs.
- You will also view and block sensitive data from emails, web forms, and removable devices.
- Simultaneously recording the time impression, action, and content, a screenshot will also be recorded and sent to the administrator immediately whenever a preset keyword is caught.
Pricing of iMonitor EAM
Bronze – $5, Silver – $4, Gold – $3.
Pros and Cons
- Vigorous Activity Recording
- Remote Viewing and Control
- Simple interface need to add the print report option
PC Startup Master 3
PC Startup Master 3 is one of the best Utility Software Tools that improves your computer startup speed by disabling unnecessary applications that automatically run on system startup. These applications cause an extra delay while starting up your system.
Features of PC Startup Master 3
- PC Startup Master 3 acts as a disc cleaner by allowing you to disable unnecessary applications during startup.
- It has a feature called Startup Delayer, which helps in optimizing system startup speed. It does so by optimizing the launching sequence of startup applications.
- This mac utility software helps filter out spam with the help of a startup guard. Startup Guard is an additional application that comes with Master 3 that monitors and notifies any unnecessary changes.
- PC Startup Master also provides specific tools to manage startup components like Windows services and scheduled tasks.
Pricing of PC Startup Master 3
PC Startup Master 3 Utility Software pricing starts at $29
Pros and Cons
- Easy-to-use startup manager
- Delay startup items in various conditions
- The free version is falsely advertised as open source
- No safety recommendations for startup items
Comparison between two best Utility Software Tools
|Comparison between two best Utility Software Tools||CCleaner||KeyFinder|
|Clean up the computer.||Yes||Yes|
|Easy to use.||Yes||No|
|Improves speed of the system.||Yes||Yes|
|Multi functional tool.||Yes||Yes|
If your computer is lagging down, it might be because several files and functionalities become outdated over time. Many random files get stored in your system, which makes it even lazy.
In that case, you can download any Utility Software Tools from mentioned examples of utility software applications and use them to improve your system’s production.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How are utility software tools being important?
Utility software is important for managing the computer systems and performing their key maintenance tasks like virus scanning, file management, disk compression, network configuration, disk space analyzing, and monitoring computer performance.
What are the Advantages of Utility Software tools?
Here are the key advantages of utility software that help a computing device run smoothly and efficiently:
· Disk defragmentation helps correct errors to be found in hard disk drives.
· System status and profile checks for protecting a computer system’s status.
· Backup utilities with file compression for retrieving the lost data.
· Virus scanners and disk cleaners to get rid of unwanted files.
· System repair for fixing problems.
What are the best utility software examples?
The best utility software examples with a modern interface are Avast Ultimate, SlimCleaner, Ashampoo WinOptimizer, AVG TuneUp, Restoro, and CCleaner Business Edition.