Call Accounting Software
Best Call Accounting Software
What is Call Accounting Software?
Call accounting software is a specific accounting solution invented to handle the unique billing needs connected with telecom services. Sometimes identified as call logging, this software is standard often applied in hospitality and telemarketing to control the costs and taxes of large amounts of call capacity.
What are the features we can get in Call Accounting Software?
Features included in Call Accounting Software are –
- Chargeback management (by department or individual employee)
- Employee or agent productivity metrics
- Call security and risk management
- Phone compliance measures
- These systems generally include compatible hardware, such as personal phones, routers, and answering machines.
Why use Call Accounting Software?
Call accounting systems to help companies improve their services in many ways. The same benefits of each software will depend on whether the services are being used by telecommunications or hospitality:
- Manage Over-the-Phone Billing– The main benefit of a call accounting solution is the capacity to handle all your telecom billing terms. The system connects hardware and software to calculate how many calls have been made, where the links go, and what rates they need to use to discover the total costs. Different call accounting software can be customized based on your location. For example, you would calculate rates according to the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) if you are in the United States.
- Improve Agent Productivity– Call accounting software supports agents more efficiently manage their call capacity in several ways. To start, real-time call tracking benefits management knows who is and isn’t currently on-call. Inbound calls can be delivered to available agents, and the same can be done with an outbound line via an auto-dialer.
- Allow for International Calls– Since call accounting software streamlines rate estimates based on numbering plan areas (NPA) and different factors, it’s easier for call centers to make cost-effective outreach on a global system. In fixed telecom, the costs associated with calling international leads usually meant those contacts were jumped. Or, managers would have to individually provide approval before these calls were made to support the high costs of an international call. With a call accounting method automatically calculating the times, agents can continue to make outbound international calls without the need for support from managers first. The software will decide which international calls are worth the costs. This protects time for both the agent and management.
- Provide Call Security– Call accounting software can also send out automatic alerts whenever an outbound call is made to 911. This is especially useful at hotels and resorts where it might take pressure responders time to find the room where the call originated. Instead, front desk staff can get a real-time notification whenever an emergency call is placed and respond. Other numbers can also be decreased within the system to alert staff.
What are the Features of Call Accounting Software
Features of Call Accounting Software –
- Call tracking system: Continuously monitor where calls go and arise from to apply appropriate measures.
- Inbound and outbound recording: Gain real-time metrics, such as call terms, on all calls handled by your telecommunications department.
- Private phone billing: Calculate amounts owed to clients based on personal phone routine.
- Corporate billing: Measure amounts owed by an entire organization according to usage rates.
- Fraud detection and prevention: Reduce fraud from telephone interactions by reviewing the integrity of inbound and outbound numbers.
- Call recording: Create call records of agent project for quality support; monitor call status and agent effectiveness; keep call details for later use.
- Call monitoring: Allow administrators to listen in on current calls, add notes to the log, or monitor ongoing situations.
- Auto-delete: Automatically switch old and outdated call logs and recordings from your system.
Who uses Call Accounting Software?
As stated earlier, call accounting software is essentially used by telecom companies and within the hospitality industry.
- Telecommunications uses call accounting systems to maintain their large volume of inbound and outbound calls. Depending on the area of the company, there could be numbers or thousands of calls per day. For example, telemarketing firms may need to support thousands of outbound calls, while an IT help desk may take inbound calls.
- The hospitality industry, mainly hotels, motels, and resorts, practice these same call accounting systems to handle the phone lines used by their customers. They also manage back-office services for calls made by staff to manage guest reservations and merchant management.
There are tremendous inherent differences between how these various types of call accounting operate. For example, a hotel with an on-premise telephone system would not need call recording, while a telecommunications firm certainly would. On the other hand, a call center would need a way to record and watch all calls made by their representatives.
Do you rely massively on calls, video conferencing, and other telecommunications for inside and outside communications? If yes, then it’s essential to observe your telecommunication practice events. The call accounting software allows you to catch, record, and analyze telephone practice across the business.
Getting the best Call Accounting Software for your business is now faster and more comfortable! Compare costs, reviews, features, and get a free demo to find the ideal software.